In the last post, I built a simple web service for looking up some basic geolocation information for a given zip code. To make sure the database was returning the expected output, I used irb to run specific commands. I decided to try out MiniTest and follow basic TDD principles to programmatically test out the zip code web service. MiniTest makes this really easy and, as a programming language, it’s quite readable. Check out the simple test cases I used to make sure that the web service was returning accurate information (at least for 1 given zip code) and that it was returning JSON formatted output.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *